A happily married couple discovers that their marriage is not legal. Husband want to make a joke, but wife doesn't found it funny.
- Carole Lombard as Ann Smith, wife
- Robert Montgomrey as David Smith, husband
- Jack Carson as David's new friend
- Gene Raymond as Jefferson Custer, David's law partner
- Esther Dale as Mrs. Krausheimer, Ann's mother
- 0:42:57 Alfred Hitchcock can be seen passing Montgomery in front of his apartment building, as the camera pulls back, at about 43 minutes into the film. To the delight of the crew, Lombard herself directed Hitchcock in the brief scene, forcing him to redo his very simple part many times.